TherEx I Q2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Health
General physical, mental or spiritual condition
What is wellness?
A state of good health often acheieved through lifestyle choices
What is Health promotion?
contributing to the growth and development of health
Types of Preventative Activity
- Primary - Preventaing a target problem
- Secondary - Decreasing the duration and severity
- Tertiary - Decreasing the degree of disability and promoting rehab
Steps of implementing a program
- Identify a need
- Based around a target audience
- Set goals & objectives
- Identify purpose of the program
- Identify goals of the program
- Identify the objectives of the program
How are the results for an Educational Intervention evaluated
How are the results for an exercise program evaluated
- Baseline data
- participant evalutaion and feedback
What issues may result in poor exercise adherence?
- Poor or limited leadership
- Inconvenient time
- Boredom with exercise
- Poor individual commitment
- Unaware of any progress made
- Poor family support
What factors may result in good exercise adherence?
- Effective leadership
- Positive reinforcement
- Part of regular routine
- No injury
- Social support from group
- Regular updates on progress
- Family approval
What are the 3 contraindications for resistance exercise?
- Pain *(usually 4 or 5)
- Acute or uncontrolled inflammation
- Severe cardiopulmonary disease
What are the S/S of fatigue?
- Uncomfortable sensation, pain, cramping
- “jerky” movements or inability to perform full ROM
- Use of substitution motions
- Decline in peak torque during isokinetic testing
What are the 5 precautions to resistance exercise?
- Valsalva maneuver
- Substitution pattern
- Overtraining and/or overworking
- Exercise-induced muscle soreness
- Pathological fracture
Age related changes in muscle mass @ puberty
- Muscle mass increases more than 30% per year
- Boys: Height, weight and muscle mass peak before strength
- Girls: Strngth peaks before body weight
Age related changes in muscle mass @ Young & middle adult
- Muscle mass peaks: Men 18-25, Women 16-20
- Muscle strength & endurance peak during second decade
- Strength declines 8-10% per year after 30
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview