Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does the term ‘Management by Objectives’ mean?
- Each incident needs one set of objectives for which an IAP is then developed.
- Objectives are determined by the IC & IMT and communicated to everyone involved to ensure common understanding of the direction to be taken during the operation.
What does the term ‘Functional Management’ mean?
- AIIMS utilises four functions of control, planning, operations & logistics which make up the IMT, to manage an incident.
- In AIIMS the Safety aspect is not separate but MFS place a high significance on Safety and include it as a separate functional area.
What does the term ‘Span of Control’ mean?
- This concept relates to the number of groups or individuals that can be successfully supervised by one person.
- No more than five individuals or groups can be managed safely by one person.
List 9 activities/reports that may need to be undertaken on return to station from an incident?
- Post Incident Operational Analysis.
- AIRS report.
- Accident & Near Miss report.
- SP129 Critical Incident Report Pro Forma.
- SP124 Equipment Left at Incidents.
- M32 Appliance Equipment Check report.
- BA Maintenance.
- Make Up and Replenishment activities.
What four roles are there within any team?
What 5 key behaviours must the leader of a team have?
- Bringing in team members by inviting comments and ideas.
- Clarifying teams objectives.
- Raising issues and problems the team ought to face and tackle.
- Steering conversations through to consensus decisions.
- Where a consensus cannot be reached, lead from the front and decide what needs to be done.
What are 3 styles of leadership?
What are 5 styles of conflict management?
What are 4 steps to resolving conflict?
- Initiate open & honest discussion.
- Clearly state your point of view.
- Listen to other points of view.
- Together, solve the real problem.
What are the steps in the systematic approach to RCR incidents?
- Hazard Management.
- Primary Entry.
- Create Openings.
- Packaging casualties prior to extrication.
- Extrication of persons trapped in vehicles.
- Scene clean up.
- Make up of equipment.
- De-brief of personnel.
What is the minimum recommended distance for warning devices at a RCR?
- 1.5 times the posted speed limit in metres.
- i.e 90m for a 60km/h zone.
What are the different zones at a RCR?
- Inner Circle Search.
- Outer Circle Search.
- Action Circle.
- Tool Staging Area.
Which battery terminal should be disconnected first at an RCR?
Earth terminal which is usually the negative.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview