Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
how the boyd uses food to maintain health
something found in food that provides energy, promotes growht and health and helps regulate metabolism
is the process by which nutrients are broken down to be used by the body for eneryg an other needs.
Kinds of nutrients:
- protein: needed by every cell - eggs milk meat nuts whole grains
- carbohydrates: supply fuel - fiber ( BM) complex carbs in pasta ceral etc. Simple carbs in sugars
- Fats: store body energy - provides insulation, butter oils
- Vitamins :
- Water: need 64 oz
vegis are low in... and .. and have no..
- fat and calories
- have no cholesterol
fruits contain... for (BM)
- IMPORTANT TO EAT WHOLE
Flax seed may reduce risk of...
what is a good alternative to fatty meats to your protein intake?
fish nuts and seeds
Vegitarians should get protein by eating...
beans neuts nut butters peas and soy products
list the residnet name and inromation about special diets, alleries and likes/dislikes
Low Sodium Diet
- For pt with ^ bp, heart disease, kidny disesae, or fluid retentioon.
- Low Na
- NAS (no salt added)
- Aiming for fluid balance of I&O.
- RF restrict Fluids
- Kidney disease or dialysis.
- fats could harm kidneys
- ^ cholesterol in blood at risk for heart attack and disease. people with gall bladdder, liver or other disese may limit fat in milk, have fish, lean meat, and white meath , veal, veg fats, olice an canola peanut oils
Modified Calorie Diet
lose weight or increase weight becuase of malnutrition, surgery, illness, or fever.
Dietary Managemtn of Diabetes
- Calories, carbs, protein and fats are regulated
- DON"T offer food s- approval
- artifical sweetners, low cal jelly, maple syrup ok.
- NCS no concentrated sweets
- before or after surgery or medical condition
- CLEAR or FULL
- CLEAR - clear jucies broth gelatin and popsicles
- FULL -cream soups milk and ice cream in addition ^
Soft Diet and Mechanical Soft Diet
- soft or chopped foods. raw fruits and vegis, high fiber are restricted!!
- trouble chewing/swallowing
- liquid to regualr diet is orderd inbetween
puree chopped and blended or grind .
encourage more fluids
limit daily amounts of liquids
- not enough water in body
- drinks less then 8 8oz or little
- needs help drinking
- frequent vomiting, diarrhea, or fever
- easily confused or tired
- dry mouth
- cracked lips
- dark urine
- strongsmelling urine
- weight loss
- complaints of abdominal pain
- report waring signs
- encourge drinking
- off fresh water
- record fluid I&O
- cant handle fluid consubmed
- often with kidney or heart pt
- weight gain
- less urine output
- Skin tight smooth shinny