Card Set Information
1. According to the 1976 Hampton study, which of the following is the percentage of patients in which the diagnosis can be made from just the history alone?
2. Which of the following is the percentage of diagnoses that remains unknown after a detailed history, a thorough physical examination and comprehensive investigations?
3. Which of the following is associated with the Hypothetico-deductive method?
4. In the above model, which of the following follows the initial cue?
b. hypothesis generation*
5. In the hypothetico-deductive approach, if the search does not find any evidence to support the hypothesis, which of the following is the next step in this model?
c. revise your hypothesis*
6. Which of the following is not one of the three questions suggested by Murphy in his model for diagnosing spine pain?
b. is the patient on any medication?*
7. Which of the following is not a perpetuating factor according to Murphy?
a. recent unexplained weight loss*
8. Which of the following asks about the C in the CRIMES mnemonic for the patient�s agenda?
d. What about your illness worried you the most?*
9. Which part of the patient�s agenda is being explored when the patient is asked �How can I help you today�?
d. Expectations of the visit*
10. Centralization of pain in a patient with neck pain radiating into the shoulder and the left arm is indicative of which of the following?
b. cervical disc lesion*
11. Which of the following maneuvers will cause pain in a patient with low back pain caused by facet syndrome?
c. asking the patient to bend laterally and then go into extension*
12. Which of the following is the significance of finding out that the patient is depressed or has passive coping skills?
c. that the treatment of this patient may be difficult and the pain may become chronic*
13. Which of the following diagnosis should be considered in a 83-year-old grandfather who presents with sudden onset of disorientation?
b. Acute appendicitis*
14. Which of the following is the correct sequence using the traditional approach to making a diagnosis?
b. history taking, physical examination, differential diagnosis, diagnostic test then diagnosis*
15. Which of the following diagnostic methods are you most comfortable with?