Ch 16 Rescue/ Vehicle Ex
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
FF most valuable tool...
at VC is knowledge, experience and skill
Operating range for an air chissel...
- standard: 100-150 psi
- rescue specific: up to 300 psi
When there is fuel on the ground do not operate...
electrical reciprocating saw
laminated safety glass is made of...
layers of glass and plastic sandwiched together. Used in wndshields
First procedure at extrication incident...
Scene size up
High pressure air bags, maximum inflation...
- 130 psi
- sizes ranging from 6x6 - 36x36
- can lift up to approx. 80 tons
How to park apparatus as a traffic barrier
apparatus should park with a slight diagonal angle to help increase the work area and make the apparatus appear larger to approaching traffic and helps traffic recognize that it is not moving
- used to clean up oils, engine coolant, and diesel
- fuel pads are usually used for gasoline
Vehicle windshields are made of...
laminated safety glass
how do you stabalize a vehicle
- Required on all VC
- vehicle with a victim must be stabalized to take weight off suspension
the first hour after the injury occurs. If surgical help is reached within that hour chances for survival are much greater.
Procedures on extrication call
- Scene size up
- establish work areas
- vehicle stabilization
- pt. access and stabilization
- pt. removal
- scene stabilization
What pressure do low/ medium air bags operate at..
- Low: 7-10 psi
- medium:- 12-15 psi
used to absorb gasoline and disposed following SOPs
focus of attention on a particular problem without proper regard for possible consequences or alternate approaches
2 in/ 2 out
procedure of having crew standing by in full PPE prepared to immediately enter a structure to assist or rescue interior structure if something goes wrong
- for both life and fire
- conducted before fire is controlled
- search areas most likely to have victims in a rapid and thorough manner
- start close to the fire and work away from it
pattern used when searching off main line
semi circle pattern from one knot to another every 20-25 ft.
- can be used on concious and unconcious pt. but requires 2 rescuers
- one at feet one at torso both facing towards feet
- utilized on conscious pt. and requires 2 rescuers
- grab right forearm with left hand to make seat to have pt. sit on
- used for unconscious FF wearing an SCBA using 2 rescuers
- one person pulls shoulder straps of SCBA while second lifts one leg and puts shoulder under leg and head down and pushes forward while first rescuer pushes
Where to anchor a search ropes system
outside hazardous environment to a stationary object
when using ladders for rescue...
- it is a 2 fold process, you need rescuers on inside and outside on the ladder
- need at least 4-6 rescuers
When do you use a pt. drag?
- dragging victim is neccessary when conditions require FF to stay low or manpower is limited
- drag pt. head first
- Vent Enter Search
- ladder a window, breakout the glass let smoke lift an clear then enter for a primary search. find door an attempt to close it. then continue with your search
inanimate objects whose temperatures will vary depending on environment and time exposed
direct source emitters
- give off most of their thermal energy
- ex: the fire
- objects that generate their own thermal energy
- ex: humans and animals
smoke that remains after a fire is extinguished by a sprinkler system
heat is classified as what kind of energy?
- Thermal imaging camera
- cannot see thru objects
- a visual representation of temp. differences in an area
- was invented in 1950s and used in fire service in late 1980s
Hydraulic spreaders are designed to...
spread and crush
Structural collapse shoring cannot...
be performed by any firefighter
Elevator doors have that will not allow the elevator to operate.
an electric safety
Hydraulic spreaders can spread up to inches with forces reaching psi.
A ____ collapse occurs when both sides of the supporting walls or the floor anchoring systems fails.
full body harness is class...
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview