Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
*What does Starlings law state?
- When the rate at which blood returns to the heart changes, the heart will adjust its output to match the change in inflow
- (ie as more blood is returned to the heart, the amount of blood pumped to the body per contraction per ventricle (stoke V) increases)
** What is poiseuilles equation?
What are the layers of the heart and its wall?
- 1. Fibrous pericordium (attaches to diaphragm and vessels of the heart)
- -pericardian cavity (filled with serous fluid)-
- 2. Serous pericordium (double membrane: outer parietal, inner visceral)
What are the three wall layers?
- 1. Epicarolium- outer layer
- 2. Myolardium- muscle layer
- 3. Enolocardium- inner layer
What are the four chambers of the heart?
R atrium, L atrium, R ventricle, L ventricle (bigger thicker walls)
What is polycythimia versa?
more than normal production of red blood cells
What are the hearts four valves?
- 2 atrio ventricular valves (AV): pulmonary semilunar, right tricuspid and left tricuspid
- 2 semilunar valves: aortic (semilunar valve)
What are the processes of electricity conduction in the heart?
- 1. SA (simoatril)
- 2. AV (ventricular)
- 3. Purkimjy fibers Left and Right
- 4. Papillary muscle
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview