Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The grand alliance included who?
- Britain (colonial power)
- United States ( Captitlist power)
- Russia ( Only Communiest Nation)
Who was unsure that the Russians could survive unaided
-SledgeHammer; suicide mission to take pressure of Russians
Torch; invade French North Africa
Why was Roosevely important
- He has to choose between Marshall and Churchills proposals
What did Churchill and Roosevelt want in their plans
- 1.) Churchill; stong brishish presence in the Mediterranean
- 2.) Roosevelt; quick and safe american involvement to boose moral at home
Admiral Jean Darlan role
- -commander in chief of vixhy's armed forces
- -Anti -Brisish; agreed to a deal were the french would lay down their arms and he would be govenr gerneral of all french north Africa
OverLord was a supreme_______ act and how
Political act; American goal was to maintain the balance of power
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview