Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A change in the form of a word (typically the ending) to express a grammatical function or attribute such as tense, mood, person,...
- The process or practice of inflecting words.
- Give or cause to give a short, sudden jerking or convulsive movement.
- Scratch or grope around with one's fingers to find, collect, or hold on to something.
- Move or balance unsteadily; sway back and forth.
- Be unable to decide between different courses; waver: "she teetered between tears and anger".
- Noun: A bird or mammal, or an imitation of one, used by hunters to attract other birds or mammals: "a decoy duck".
- Verb: Lure or entice (a person or animal) away from an intended course, typically into a trap.
A sudden, sharp localized pain.
A small, soft, blue-green, spineless cactus (Lophophora williamsii), native to Mexico and the southern US.
Energy, enthusiasm, or liveliness.
- Move (something) into a different position with a jerk: "he hitched his pants up".
- Noun: A temporary interruption or problem.
- Adjective:Bad-tempered and sulky.
- Synonyms:peevish - ill-tempered
- Noun:A metal pin or bar, in particular.A roll of fabric, originally as a measure.
- Verb:Fasten (something) with a metal pin or bar, in particular.(of a horse or other animal) Run away suddenly out of control: "the horses bolted".Pass (flour, powder, or other material) through a sieve.
- Synonyms:latch - bar
- Adjective:(esp. of a house or vehicle) In a state of severe disrepair.
- Synonyms:dilapidated - decrepit - rickety
- Verb:(of a river or road) Follow a winding course.
- Noun:A winding curve or bend of a river or road: "the river flows in sweeping meanders".
- Synonyms:verb. wind - twist - wander - coil - ramble - snake - roamnoun. winding - bend
- Noun:A small, thin, narrow piece of something cut or split off a larger piece.
- Verb:Cut or break (something) into small, thin, narrow pieces.
- Synonyms:noun. splinter - chip - shiververb. split - splinter
- Noun:A strong taste, flavor, or smell.A tanging sound.A
- surgeonfish (genus Acanthurus) that occurs around reefs and rocky
- areas, where it browses on algae. Its several species include the...
- Verb:Make a loud ringing or clanging sound.
- Synonyms:clang - tinkle - clink - ring
Noun:offensive. A British person.
- Verb:Drink in large gulps: "Dave swigged the wine".
- Noun:A large draft of drink: "he took a swig of tea".
- Synonyms:gulp - swallow - draught - drink - sip - pull - nip
- Adjective:Impossible to subdue or defeat: "indomitable spirit".
- Synonyms:invincible - tameless