The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The use of light and dark in a drawing or painting.
- Ex, Daumier, Rue Transnonain , 1830's.
- Giving depth to a painting/drawing.
- Ex, Raphael, Marriage to a virgin, 1504.
- Meaning Style or Manner.
- Ex, Parmiagianino, Madonna with the long neck, 1540.
- Reminder of death.
- Ex, Holbein, The french ambassadors, 1533
- Representing or symbolizing events or concepts.
- Ex, Rubens, Consquences of war, 1639.
- Meaning Vanity.
- Ex, Kalf, The still life with the late ming ginger jar, 1669.
- curved asymmetrical forms
- Ex, Watteau, pilgrimage to cythera, 1717.
- Depicts outdoor amusement of french upper class.
- Ex, Fragonard, The Swing, 1766.
- Referring to Greek or Roman ideas.
- Ex, David, Oath of Horatii, 1784
- Abstract ideas in human form.
- Ex, Delacroix, Liberty leading the people, 1830.
- A mix of awe and terror.
- Ex, Friedrich, Abbey in the oak forest, 1810.
- Example or model of virtue.
- Ex, Kauffman, Cornelia Presenting Her Children As Her Treasures, 1875.