vocabulary lesson 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- adj. Having a storng desire for, to the point of greed.
- 2. Eager; enthusiastic.
v. To call forth; to produce.
2. To bring to mind, often by suggestion.
v. To try to equal; to imitate.
adj. deserving contempt or scorn.
adj. Abrupt in manner or speeech; gruff.
adj. Short and to the point.
adj. Very painful.
v. 1. To install in office with a formal ceremony.
2. To begin officailly or mark the opening of.
v. To cause a lowering of self-esteem; to lower in reputationor character.
v. To spread throught.
n. An owner of a store or other business.
n. A fictitious name used by an author; a pen name.
- v. 1. To reject bluntly.
- 2. To drive back
- n. 1. A blunt rejection.
- 2. An abrupt setback in progress.
- adj. 1. Capable of recovering quickly from misfortune.
- 2. returning quickly to an origionaly shape or form.
- adj. 1. Chaotic unruly.
- 2. Stormy; tempestuous
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview