Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
List the respnsibility of each of the following members of the training organization structure: CNO; NETC; Learning Centers; CCA; LSO; CCMM; PA.
- OPNAV: provides policy for implementing the Department of the Navy Strategic Goals regarding Human Resources, Education, and Training.
- NETC: Design to meet NETC strategic goals in the areas of Leadership, Navy Military Training, Instruction, Quality of Life, Infrastructure, Equal Opportunity, Curriculum, and Technology.
- Learning Centers: Continously monitor the quality of curriculum, instruction, and evaluation functions. Ensure that all training activities under their cognizance meet the requirements established by NETC.
- LSO: an intergral part of a training activity and performs functions in support of the LC CO, LC DET/LS CO/OIC to ensure quality training.
- CCMM: assigned the responsibility for developing, revising, and maintaining a course of instruction.
- PA: provide assistance to CCMM training activity to develop, revise, modify maintain and review training material when requested.
Discuss the purpose of the Catalog of Navy Training (CANTRAC)
Module includes publication of general information on all training activities and course descriptions, which are available on CD-ROM to all ships.
Discuss the functionality of CETARS (Corporate Enterprise and Training Resource Activity System)
A navy-wide automated information system designed to manage and support the Navy training effort.
Discuss the use of a Course Identification Number (CIN)
A unique number identifying a formal Navy Course.
Discuss the use of a Course Data Processing code.
The assigned to uniquely identify each Couse of instruction and its location. Used to identfy different categories of personnel taught the same couse at the same location.
Discuss who is responsible for ensuring accuracy of data with CeTARS.
CCA is responsiblity to ensure data within CeTARS is accurate.
Discuss the relationship between CeTARS and CANTRAC.
Learning Center data populated in CeTARS automatically updates and feeds CANTRAC for course information.
Describe the "A", "C", and "F" type courses of instruction.
- A: provides basic knowledge and skills required to prepare for rating entry level performance.
- C: provides advanced specialized skill/ knowledge/ aptitude/ qualification training required to fill a particular billet.
- F: provides individual functional skill or rating specific training as required by Fleet or Type Commander.
Discuss what a Person Event Code (PEVT) is and, where it is found and entered
indicates students status in CeTARS. List of PEVT and explanation can be found at the CeTARS Web Site.
Discuss when an Academic Review Board (ARB) may be convened
when all other means of academic counseling, remediation, and an initial academic setback have failed to improve student performance
Describe the Academic Review Board (ARB) process
Help students sove problems that may prevent successful completion of training. Determine which students are able to complete training. Determine which students are unable and or unwilling to complete training. Make recommendations concerning their findings.
Dicuss who is respnsible for maintaining a Master Record Audit Trail and what it contains?
- A summary of major events impacting the course.
- Copies of all supporting documents, including appropiates approval letters.
- A copy of the Pilot Course Monitoring Report.
Describe the evaluation of instructors in laboratory/ classroom/ facilitated enviroments.
The number of evaluations conducted should approximate the ratio of lessons taught in each.
Discuss the student critique program within your learning enviroment.
a source of feedback to the instructors on their performance.
Discuss the importance of Formal Couse Reviews (FCRs) and audit trails.
- To provide a check of the different elements contained in a sourse and serves as an excellent source of internal feedback.
- The completed FCR shall be maintained in the course audit trail for the previous two review cycles
Identify the require periodicity for conducting FCRs per current NETC guidance
conducted on a annual, biennial, or triennial cycle as determined by the CCA.