muscle spasms & spasticity
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- exception to the drugs that act on the CNS
- acts directly on skeletal muscle
involuntary contraction of a muscle or muscle group
usual treatment for muscle spasms? (general)
- centrally acting muscle relaxants
- aspirin-like drugs
diazepam: uses? mech of action?
- used for muscle spasms
- enhances effects of GABA
adverse effects of centrally acting muscle relaxants?
- CNS depression
- liver damage
- physical dependence
cyclobenzaprine: adverse effects?
anti-cholinergic effects. dry mouth, dizziness, constipation, blurred vision, etc
Tizanidine: significant adverse effects?
- liver damage*
- psychological effects
- acts directly on muscle
- prevents Ca+ release, thereby preventing muscle contraction
- used for malignant hyperthermia
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview