The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Discuss the purpose of Occupational Standards (OCCSTDS)
statements of the minmum skills required of navy enlisted ratings as established by primary (resources/warfare) sponsors.
List the primary basis for which OCCSTDS are used
the basis for implemeting and supporting actions for manning, distrbution, training, and advancement
Explain where the remaining E4 and below OCCSTDS, that are not selected to be taught in "A" school, should be taught, e.g., in which other training environments?
individual and unit on-board training (OBT), on-the-job training (OJT), proficiency training, etc.
Explain each role as it pertains to OCCSTDS:
A: Office of the Chief of Naval Operations
B: Resource Sponsors
C: Fleet and Type Commanders
D: Navy Manpower Analysis Center(NAVMAC)
E: Naval Education Training Command
- A: OPNAV// Review and approve OCCSTDS per OPNAVINST 1223.1
- B: Resource Sponsors// Review and approve the TTA (Training Task Analysis) report.
- C: F&T Commanders// Ensure participation in the Navy Skills Management System(SMS) and the appropriate NTRR event.
- D: NAVMAC// Ensure SMS surveys are conducted and OCCSTDS are issued in a timely manner and coordinated with the appropiate NTRR event schedule(s)
- E: NETC// Develop an implement training to meet the needs of the warfare sponsors utilizing OCCSTDS as training objectives in the preparation of TTA, curricula and feedback systems.