The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is eCommerce?
Electronic commerce (e-commerce) – commerce, but it is commerce accelerated and enhanced by IT
Build powerful relationships with customers
Build powerful relationships with suppliers
Build powerful relationships with partners
What is the purpose of a P2P?
You must have a clear path-to-profitability (P2P), a formal business plan that outlines key business issues such as…
- Customer targets
- Marketing strategies
- Operations strategies
- Projected income statement and balance sheet targets
What is B2B, B2C, C2C, G2B, G2G, G2C?
What is Vertical Government Integration?
What is Horizontal Government Integration?
How do you become successful in a B2B?
To be successful, you must…
- Define your products and services
- Define your target customers
B2B (other businesses)
Define your customers perception of the value of your products and services
Who are the customers in an eCommerce environment?
- Business to Business
- Other businesses
- Business to Consumer
Each is different and has different needs and wants
What are commodity like products?
Same no matter where you purchase it
- books, music, movies
Price and ease of ordering are important
Which product is best to sell in an eCommerce
- Purchased and delivered over the Internet
- Best product type for B2C e-commerce
- Examples: Music, software
What types of products are purchased in a B2C?
in a B2B?
- B2C- Mass Customization
- B2B- Maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO)
- materials (indirect materials) –
- materials necessary for running a company but do not relate to the company’s
- primary business activities
What are the definitions for Mass Customization,
Reverse Auction, Demand Aggregation?
- Mass customization – the ability of an organization to give its customers the opportunity to tailor its products or services
- Dell– customized computer purchases
- Apple iTunes – only the music you want (not necessarily the whole album)
- Reverse auction – process in which a buyer posts its
- interests in buying items and sellers compete by submitting successively lower bids (The lowest bidder wins)
– combining purchase requests from multiple buyers which justifies a larger discount
What is the difference between a vertical and
- B2B e-commerce takes advantage of e-marketplaces
- Electronic marketplace (e-marketplace) – interactive business providing a central market where multiple buyers and sellers can engage in e-commerce
- -Horizontale-marketplaces- connects buyers and sellers across many industries
- Primarily for MRO materials
- All industries need office supplies, travel, and like
- -Verticale-marketplaces– connects buyers and sellers in a given industry
- Primarily for direct materials
- Each industry has unique direct material needs
- Covisint (www.covisint.com) – automotive
- Many others
How do you find online customers?
-Registering with search engines
What is the difference between a pop up
ad and a pop under ad?
Pop-up ad– small Web page advertisement that appears on your screen outside the current Web site
Pop-under ad– pop-up ad you do not see until you close your current browser window
What significance does click-through and
conversion rates have in an affiliate program?
Click-throughs and conversion rates are important
- Click-through – count of the number of people who
- visit one site and use an ad to get to another
- Conversion rate – percentage of potential customers who
- actually buy something
What is are various ways to pay in an eCommerce
Credit cards, Financial cybermediaries, Electronic checks, Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment, Smart cards
How do you maintain secure transactions in an
- Encryption, Secure Sockets Layers, & Secure
- Electronic Transactions
How many keys are used in Public key
Public key encryption (PKE) – uses two keys: a public key for everyone and private key for only the recipient of the encrypted information
What is the purpose of each key?
How can you tell if you are in a secure
environment on a webpage?
What is M-commerce?
- Mobile commerce – electronic commerce transactions
- conducted over a wireless device such as a smartphone, laptop, or tablet PC.