The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Explain the reason why Islam spread so easy?
- Islam spread easily because:
- It offered equality
- It was flexible
- It was simple
- It was unified
Identify changes and continuities in the Islamic world.
- Changes:Arabic spread promoting literacy
Describe Islamic culture
- Five pillars
- "Persian" style government with a governor for every city-state
- The Shir'iah was the law
- Is a syncretism of Cristian and Jewish beliefs
- Pray everyday five times a day towards Mecca
- Every Muslim had to go on a journey to Mecca called the "Hajj"
- Every Muslim had to know Arabic
- The holy book was called the Qu'ran
- The deeds of Muhammad was called the Haddith
- Had a art style of excluding figures so to aviod idol worship
- The Ulama was a religious expert
- The Qadi was a legal expert
- Ruled undar a Caliphate
- Muslims were tolerant to other religions