Comp II Study A
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Conversion factor for cm to inches
mean arterial pressure formula
Calculate mean arterial pressure for 160/100
Ulnar nerve can be damaged if what is not protected?
define pulse pressure
- Pulse pressure is the pressure that is felt when feeling the
- pulse. Measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg), the pressure difference between the systolic and diastolic pressures is the pressure change to create the pulse, which is the pulse pressure
If resting blood pressure is (systolic/diastolic) 120/80 millimeters of mercury (mmHg), pulse pressure is ___?
contraindications for NIBP measurement sites
- ipsilateral arm of mastectomy pt or node removal
- AV fistula
- Limb with infection or burn
- anything compromising blood flow
Sizing an ETT
- Men usually 7.5-8
- Women usually 7-7.5
- *depends on size of pt
Tubing connection sizes for ETT, elbow, circuit
Muscle relaxants and renal disease
- SUX- can be used if K+ levels are low enough
- CIS- usually drug of choice
- VEC/ROC- pronlonged activity of drug if used (20% of vec goes to urine)
- PAN- elimination dependent on liver and kidneys. not best choice
Know ways to read ECG- Dr. hall's lecture
Know all drug doses and contraindications
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview