Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Changing Face of Demand
Consumers demand more foods produce far-far-away from home--> globalization of food system
How can Economists Help?
- Identify and explain why individual producers and markets behave in a certain way (incentives, costs)
- Justify the need for international regulation and standards in farm animal husbandry and trade
- Measure impact of disease spread and regulation
- Adivse policy makers at home and abroad about feasible solutions and ways to get there
Mandate of OIE
- Disease information system, disease surveillance and control, regulation of international trade.
- Need magnified by "Rinderpest" outbreak in Belguim in 1920
- Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures
- Facilitates global trade in Agri-foods
- Right to protect human, animal and plant health
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview