Practice Issues Quiz 2 Review
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does OSHA stand for?
Occupational Safety and Health Administration
What is the mission of OSHA?
To prevent work-related injuries, illnesses, and death by issuing and enforcing standards for workplace safety and health.
Who manages OSHA in New York?
- Private Businesses - federal
- Public Businesses - state
OSHA is only able to pursue a criminal penalty when a willful violation of an OSHA standard results in what?
- Death of a worker
- *maximum penalty is 6 months in jail
What does this symbol mean?
- Contains Hazardous Materials
- *Red bag / containers may substitute for this label
Each employer having an employee(s) with occupational exposure shall establish a written ____ designed to eliminate or minimize employee exposure.
ECP - Exposure Control Plan
The employer shall make available the Hepatitis B vaccine to all employees who...
- occupational exposure
- post-exposure evaluation
- follow-up to all employees who have had an exposure incident
- *if employee refuses, the option to have one should still me made available, have employee sign a statement of refusal
An employer shall train each employee...
- At no cost
- During work hours
- At time of initial employment
- Regarding Tasks where exposure occurs
- Any time new procedures, equipment
If someone under your employment ceases to work for you, how long do you keep their records for?
30 years after thier employment with you
Records are required to be kept for Training Sessions, how long are they supposed to be kept for?
- 3 Years
- *They are available to Assitant Secretary and Director of OSHA
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview