Anatomy Muscle Movements
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- bending a joint to decrease the angle between two body parts.
- ex: flexing your biceps, putting your fingers into a fist.
- straightening and extending the joint to increase the angle between two body parts.
- ex: extending your legs
- moving a body part away from the body.
- ex: moving your arms laterally away from the body
- moving the body part towards the midline of the body.
- ex: putting your arms by your sides
moving the body part around its axis.
- the proximal end of a limb remains stationary while the distal end moves in a circle
- ex: making your arms form a circle
turning the palm of the hand upwards
movement of the palm of the hand from an upward facing position to a downward facing position
- turning a body part outward
- ex: pointing your toes laterally
- turning a body part inwards
- ex: turning your toes inwards
toes pointed upwards
- toes pointing downwards
- ex: standing on your tiptoes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview