Concept & Ideation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- To make sense of a
- photograph for oneself and to learn what it means to others. Interpretation is
- a discovery and invention.
- visualization such as a painting, photograph or other work of art that is created
- (usually in the form of a work made for hire) to elucidate or decorate textual
- information (such as a story, poem or newspaper article) by providing
- a visual representation.
- American conceptual artist, Guerilla
- Girls, Used black and white images with red text to make it stand out from the
Damien Hirst and Other Controversial topics
- Lamb in the same position Jesus was on the Cross. The flies life cycle, “Thousand
- Physical Impossibility of
- Death in the Mind of Someone Living (1991) – shark in the tank.
- This Little Piggy went to Market, this
- little piggy stayed home (1991) – Pig that slides open.
- hyperrealist sculptor, made all of the life like people and animals, he
- wanted for his sculputers to be perfect from every angle.
Gerhard Richter and Style
- Phantom Interceptors 1964 (Blurry airplanes), Madrid
- 1968, Courbet 1986 (abstract).
Manipulation of the Body Image
- Leonardo The Mona Lisa 1503-1506.
- The Theory of Dr. Lillian Schwartz (was it really a split half of a man’s face?)
- Changed the way she
- looked, Made herself look completely different
- Plastic surgery on herself
Pearlstein and David Salle
- (Pearl) uses nude bodies not for sexuality but for the forms and shape they are Two
- Models on a Kilim Rug with Mirror 1983 (David) uses random pictures and form.
Artist that uses Ephimeral art (Temporary) uses stone, wood, and water
Portraits of people (They look abstract up close but from far away it takes form to look realistic)
Janine Antoni and Acconci
Loving Care (1992) uses her hair and dye to mop the floor
Lick and Lather (1993-1994) chocolate & Soap Sculptures of herself.
Gnaw Chocolate & lard blocks that she kept biting.
A type of art that has to do with the nature, it may harm or not examples or artists
- Wolfgang Laib
- Robert Smithson
- Mel Chin
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview