Oral Hygiene Presentation/ Impressions
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the steps of brushing your teeth?
- 1. Use a soft nylon tooth brush
- 2. Pea size amount of tooth paste
- 3.Develope a pattern
- 4. Modified/ Bass method, at a 45 degree angle, brush away from the gums
- 5. Gentle circular motion, clean one to two teeth at a time
- 6. Use the floor of the brush to clean the back of the front teeth
- 7. Brush behind the molar, tongue, cheeks and roof of the mouth
- 8. Brush for about 2 minutes, atleast twice a day, rinse and do not swallow toothpaste
What are the steps for flossing?
- 1. 18 inches or an arm length
- 2. Use unwaxed floss
- 3.Wrap around middle fingers
- 4. Thumbs for upper, index fingers for lower
- 5. Careful to not snap floss, with a sawing motion, carefully "C" shape around the front and back of the teeth
- 6. Some bleeding may occur
- 8.Floss at least once a day
What are the steps for mixing alginate?
- 1. Put on PPE (Lab coat, glasses)
- 2. Fluff alginate
- 3. 2-3 scoops of powder to 2-3 water
- 4. Mix quickly mix alginate getting all air bubbles out
- 5. Leaving no powder in the bowl, with one full scoop, place alginate from the back of the tray
- 6. Place tray back to front making sure that the alginate fills the vestibule
- 7. Wait until alginate hardens and remove tray from the typodont
What are the steps for pouring stone?
- 1. Add 3 scoops of water to the bowl
- 2. Sift stone into the bowl, into a creamy sour cream mixture
- 3. Carefully vibrate the stone into the alginate, filling all teeth
- 4. Place wax around tray
- 5. Mix the remaining stone into a thicker mixture
- 6. Build your base, let set
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview