1551. Twenty-Sixth Amendment
1553. Cesar Chavez
1554. Warren E. Burger Appointed, 1969
1555. American Indian Movement (AIM), Wounded Knee
Lowered voting age to 18.
- Name given to Mexican-Americans, who in 1970, were the majority of
- migrant farm labor in the U.S.
- Non-violent leader of the United Farm Workers from 1963-1970. Organized
- laborers in California and in the Southwest to strike against fruit and
- vegetable growers. Unionized Mexican-American farm workers.
A conservative appointed by Nixon, he filled Earl Warren's liberal spot.
- Formed in 1968 by urban Indians who seized the village of Wounded Knee
- in February, 1973 to bring attention to Indian rights. This 71-day
- confrontation with federal marshalls ended in a government agreement to
- reexamine treaty rights of the Ogalala Sioux.