Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- keeps a record of all the system information in
- a SQL server system.
- information of a data that is to be
- schedules alerts and jobs by other features such
- as database mail.
Explain ' Tempdb'
- is a global resource that holds temporary user
- objects and internal objects and is available to anyone connected to the SQL server.
Explain ' transaction log'
is a history of actions carried out by the database management system to ensure ACID properties over hardware failures and crashes.
is code that is performed in response to certain events within a particular table.
Explain a 'view'
is a way of showing information in the database. It holds the results of a query.
Explain stored procedure
It is a set of statements that is stored in compiled form so it can be used by other programs.
User defined type
allows definition for data types the construct the behaviour in an application.
3 parts that make up the ISO_11179 data element are...
The basic rule for data element naming is...
it has one name in the entire schema.
- no repeating groups
- data is independent
- 1 nf
- each column dependant only on the whole key
- using artificial keys will insure you are in 2nf
- no column can be dependent on any other non-key column
- you cannot have calculated data
3 main benifits of a stored proc
- application modularization
When do you reorganize an index?
<= 30% fragmented
When do you rebuild and index?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview