Micro Ch 15
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the purpose of the Calvin Cycle?
- to fix CO2 (using rubisco)
- 6 carbon molecule is split into two 3 carbon molecules (PGA)
- requires 3 CO2
- produces 6 G3P, but only 1 can be used. It takes 2 turns to make 1 glucose.
What is a carboxysome?
- a rubisco complex used to fix CO2
- it takes up bicarbonate and forms CO2
What is nitrogenase?
- an enzyme complex that fixes nitrogen
- nitrogen gas -> ammonium ion.
- 40 ATP to fix ONE N2
transfer of ammonia between two metabolites
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview