Misc. Words Isee 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. To turn away (one's eyes or thoughts)
- 2. To prevent or ward off
- Ex: The engineers failed to avert the train crash, so they were fired.
- 1. The quality of being religious
- 2. The quality of being dutiful
- 1. Of or due from a son or daughter
- 2. Denoting the generation or generations after the parental generation
Feeling or showing solemn respect
Profound (adj) (n)
- (adj) 1. Very great or intense
- (n) 2. The vast depth of the ocean or mind
A long, angry speech of critisism or accusation
Using resources carefully and not wastefully
- 1. A period of economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced
- 2. The act of receding; going away from the observer
- 1. The quality of being pleasing to the ear, especially through harmonic words
- 2. The tendency to make phonetic change for ease of pronunciation
A harsh, discordant mixture of sounds
A person skilled in foreign languages
A person who studies writing
A person who studies butterflies
- 1. Exhibiting different colors, especially in irregular patterns or streaks
- 2. Having or consisting of leaves that are edged or patterned in a second color
- 1. Very numerous
- 2. Consisting of or containing many individual elements
- Tending to produce, helpful; favorable
- Ex: The lesson was not conducive to the learning of the children.
- 1. A speech or writing in praise of a person, especially one that is in honor of a deceased person
- 2. A high praise or commendation
- 1. Not resolute; waving, indeciseful
- Ex: The person's ideas vacillated so much he was thought to be insecure.
- 2. Swaying, fluctuating
- Ex: The vacillating indicator showed the inconsistency of the air condition outside.
- 1. To swing or move to and fro, like a pendulum
- 2. To vary between different beliefs, opinions, conditions, etc.
Having an offensive or unpleasant odor
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview