Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Bending readily, flexible, adaptable
- Ex: The shark species are extremely pliant; they survived the extinction of the dinosaurs and multiple ice ages before living in this present age.
- 2. Easily influenced; yeilding to others
- Ex: His pliant nature made him an easy target for bullies in school.
- 1. Lacking decisiveness; without strength or character
- 2. Washy or watery; thin, weak
- 1.bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed
- 2.characterized by ease in bending; limber; lithe: supplemovements.
- 3.characterized by ease, responsiveness, and adaptability inmental action.
- 4.compliant or yielding.
- 5.obsequious; servile.
- 1. Heavy, dull or unintresting; commonplace; boring
- 2. Of a thick, semisolid consistency
- 3. Stocky; thick-set
- 4. Old-fashioned; unduly formal and traditional
- 5. Dull, graceless; inelegant
- 1. Done with ease, sometimes with superficiality
- 2. Easily done, performed, used
- 3. Easy or unrestrained, as in manner or persons
- 4. Affable, agreeable, or complaisant
- 1. Excessively
- 2. In an inappropriate, unjustifiable, or improper manner
- Ex: The press was unduly critical of the situation.
The natural disposition or visage of someone
- 1. Shallow, not profound or thourough
- 2. On the surface
- The coming, invention, or time of something
- Ex: The advent of newer technologies supercedes older ones and makes them obsolete.
To give proof of, to back up; to affirm
Of or pertaining to a mechanicism that represents data by measurement of a continuous variable such as volts, kilograms, etc.
- The state of gradually decreasing in numbers or wearing away
- Ex: The town has a high rate of attrition because many people are moving away.
- 1. One who is not religious
- 2. A person who is a follower of a polytheistic faith
- 3. A person deemed savage or uncivilized and morally deficient
A person whose life is devoted to the pursuit of pleasure and self-gratification
- 1. To summarize or condense
- 2. To place as if in a capsule
A forcast; a prediction
- 1. Readily fluent, although sometimes thoughtlessly, superficially, or insincerely
- 2. Easy or unconstrained, as in manner
- 3. Agile, spry
To deprive of human qualities or attributes; to deprive of individuality
- To take away, to get rid of
- Ex: The trees were divested of their leaves.
- To critisize in a derogatory manner, to belittle or disparage
- He denigrated his opponents in order to make him look better.