The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "AWR3Sanchez "
- tags "PQS "
- description ""
- fileName "PQS105.txt"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- Discuss the following a they apply to the operational chain of command.
- A: Unified/specified
- B: fleet commanders
- C: task force commander
- D: task unit commander
- A: command is composed of 2 or more services
- B: CINCPACFLT (commands Pacific naval forces)
- CINCANTFLT (commands Atlantic naval forces)
- CINCUSNAVEUR (commands naval forces in the European theater)
- C: sub division of a fleet developed in WW2
- D: sub division of a force (i.e. carrier strike group)
Discuss the dual chain of command for operating forces.
- Admin: managed through secretary of the navy and CNO
- Operations: managed through president via secretary of defense
Discuss the following as they apply to the administrative chain of command:
C: Commander fleet forces
D: naval air force commander
E: functional wing commander
F: type squadron commander
- A: Ray Mabus, responsible for policies & control of the department of the Navy.
- B: Admiral Greenert, advisor to the president & SECNAV on conduct of war.
- C: CINCPACFLT commands 3rd & 7th fleet
- CINCANTFLT commands 2nd fleet
- CINCUSNAVEUR command 6th fleet
- D: vice admiral command of squadron/ administrative control of logistic support
- E: air craft materials readiness
- F: maintenance & material readiness
Discuss the role of the following:
B: fleet master chief
C: force master chief
- A: Michael Stevens; senior representative between enlisted and commissioned.
- B: senior enlisted advisor to fleet CINC
- C: Advisor to force group commander responsible for Morale
- D: updates CNO on situation, practices, procedures that effect Morale, well being, and welfare of enlisted in the command
State the geographic AOR for the following.
A: 2nd fleet
B: 3rd & 7th fleet
C: 5th fleet
D: 6th fleet
F: 4th fleet
- A: Atlantic, N. Pole, Caribbean
- B: Pacific from Alaska to S. Korea
- C: Persian gulf, red sea, Arabian gulf, E. Africa, Kenya
- D: Europe
- E: around the world from DC sea lift command
- F: South America
State the purpose of the following.
A: standard organization and regulations of the US Navy
B: command's organization and regulations manual
D: Code of conduct
- A: to maintain proper order and a level of professionalism in the navy
- B: to maintain proper order &a high level of professionalism throughout a command
- C: military law
- D: How to conduct yourself when you become a POW