Misc. Words Isee 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. An unbroken veiw of the surrounding area to an observer
- 2. A picture or photograph that contains a wide view
To go back, to revert to an earlier or less advanced form
To impose a tax, fee, or fine
Garrison (n) (v)
- (n) 1. The troops stationed in a town/fortress
- (v) 2. To station troops in a town
- 1. To secretly allow something illicit
- 2. To conspire to do something illicit
Premise (n) (v)
- (n)1. A previous proposition or statement of which another one is inferred or follows as a conclusion
- The premise for his argument was that his opponent had lied before, so he may do it again.
- (v)2. To base an argument or threory on
- They would not accept an idea premised on such tenuous details.
- 1. A formal pledge or promise to do something
- Ex: He gave an undertaking that he would avenge their deaths.
- 2. A task that is taken on
- 1. An official in a government department
- 2. An administrator who is concerned with correct procedure at the people's expense
- Ex: The 911 incident left an indelible mark on American history.
- Lasting for a short time; impermanent
- Ex: The transient storm left as swiftly as it came.
Aware of the proceedings; concious
- Abundant in supply or quanitity
- He had a copious amount of money, but he was extremely greedy so he wouldn't donate any of it.
- 1. Open to more that one interpretation
- 2. Uncertain or questionable in nature
- Ex: The incentive of his actions were equivocal; he would not speak and there were no witnesses to the incident.
- Not open to more than one interpretation; straightforward
- Ex: The argument was unambiguous, but my obstinate brother still would not give in.
To indicate, to be a sign for
Information, especially of biased nature, used to promote or publicize a political point of view
To dismiss to an inferior rank or position; to banish or exile
- 1. To deliver to a person's custody, usually so it can be sold
- 2. To send goods by a public carrier
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview