Misc. Words Isee 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. A divine or prophetic token
- 2. Protection; support
- 1. The way something is expressed in words
- 2. An excess of words for a purpose; wordiness
- Required or needed as a prior condition
- Ex: Being a resident of Boston is prerequisite if one wishes to attend Boston Latin School.
- Equivalent in affect or value
- Ex: His silence was tantamount to agreement.
The general public
Per Capita (adv) (adj)
- (adv)1. Per person; literally inLatin for Per Head
- (adj)2. Equally to each individual
- 1. Responsive to advice, authority, or suggestion; willing
- 2. Open to testing or critisism
Showy, flagrant, pretentious
Exhibiting servile complaisance; fawning
A hole that determines amount of light let into a camera during photography
- Being so called; real, genuine
- Ex: She set her tea forth with as much grace as if whe were veritably a servant to herself.
Following in time, succeeding
Appropriated (adj) (v)
- (adj)1. Suitable for one particular person, condition, or place; fitting
- (v)2. To set aside for specific use
- 3. To take for one's own use, often without permission
Attractive in an engaging way, charming
- 1. To restore to a former position
- 2. To put off for laer; to delay
- 3. To transmit money for payment
- 4. To give up
- 1. To destroy completely
- 2. To undermine one's character; to corrupt
- 3. To overthrow
Proof of who committed or took part in a crime
- 1. Sharing same opinions or views
- 2. Characterized by complete agreement
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview