Dextrose & Zofran
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Generic name for Dextrose?
Class name for Dextrose?
Mechanism of action for Dextrose?
Increases serum glucose levels reversing hypoglycemia
Indications and field use for Dextrose?
- Altered level of consciosness / Unconsciousness in suspected diabetic
Riases blood glucose levels reversing CNS side effects of hypoglycemia
Dosage for Dextrose?
Adult dosage via IV push in larger vein
D50 25grams IV push
Contraindications for Dextrose?
- Thiamine deficiency unless thiamine can also be given
- Avoid using D50 in the following unless hypoglycemia can be proven:
- Head injury
- Delerium tremens
Drug interactions for Dextrose?
Incompatible with other drugs. Flush line well after use.
Side effects for Dextrose?
- Worsens ICP in head injuries or CVA
- Extravsation may cause tissue necrosis
- Scleroses small veins
Onset of action for Dextrose?
AZ drug box supply for Dextrose?
2 x 25gram in 50cc prefilled syringe
Generic name for Zofran?
Brand name for Zofran?
Class for Zofran?
Mechanism of action for Zofran?
- Selective 5-HT3 receptor agonist
- Stops nausea / vomiting by blocking receptors
Indications and field use for Zofran?
Nausea / Vomiting
Blocks 5-HT3 receptors
Dosage for Zofran?
Dosage is slow IV push or IM
4mg slow IV push over 2 minutes
Contraindications for Zofran?
- Known hypersensitivity / Allergy
- Use caution in patients with hepatic impariment
Drug interactions for Zofran?
Side effects for Zofran?
- Chest pain
Onset of action for Zofran?
AZ drug box supply for Zofran?
2 x 4mg in 2 cc vial
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview