BioChem Cellular Respiration Quiz 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where does glycolyis occur in a cell?
How many carbons is one mole of glucose comprised of?
What are the two phases of Glycolysis?
- Preparatory / Investment phase
Where does Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex occur?
How many ATP equivalents are released by each pyruvate during Pyruvate dehydrogenase complex?
- 1 NADH = 3 ATP equi
- Total Per Glucose = 2 NADH = 6 ATP equi
What is Pyruvate converted to during Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex?
What are the irreversable steps of glycolysis?
- 1 Hexokinase
- 3 Phosphofructokinase
- 10 Pyruvate Kinase
How is Hexokinase regulated?
- Product inhibition (neg-heterotropic)
- i.e. inhibited by saturation of glucose-6-phosphate
How is Phosphofructokinase regulated?
- Inhibited by ATP and Citrate
- Activated by ADP, AMP, fructose 2,6 bisphosphate
How is Pyruvate Kinase regulated?
- Inhibited by high ATP concentration
- Activated by fructose 1,6 bisphosphate
What type of cellular respiration is the Cori Cycle?
Where does the Cori cycle occur?
muscle to liver
What are the three names for the Kreb Cycle?
- Kreb Cycle
- Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle (TCA)
- Citric Acid Cycle
What must occur between Glycolysis and TCA?
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex
- Pyruvate to Acetly-CoA
How many ATP equ per pyruvate in TCA cycle?
12 ATP Equ
How many ATP Equ per mole Glucose in Citric Acid Cycle?
Where does the Kreb Cycle Occur in the cell?
In the Mitochondria
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview