Principles of Training
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the principles of training?
What is Specificity?
Training should match the demands of the activity and develop relevant body systems
What is Progression?
Training workload should be increased gradually so that the body can adjust to the extra demands
What is Overload?
- F - FrequencyI - Intensity
- T - Time
What is Frequency?
The amount of training sessions
What is Intensity?
The amount of activity carried out in a session
What is Time?
- The amount of time spent in a training session
What is reversibilty?
- When the benefite of training are lost because traing has stopped.
- e.g. if you brake your arm and have it in a cast it was have hardly any muscle when the cast is removed
What is tedium?
- How boring an activity is. Training should be varied to prevent boredom.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview