The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Secretly kept because it would not be approved of
- Ex: The child surrepetitively snuck downstairs every night to steal cookies.
To stimulate or irritate
A vehicle for carrying the coffin during a funeral
A building where Jewish people go to worship God
- To give a permanent post
- Ex: The pricipled tenured the man as a history teacher.
Lying under oath (esp. in court)
Of or relating to Easter or Passover
To make small holes in a fabric so it will be easy to tear
An association, typically of several business companies
To declare formally that one is released from guilt, blame, or responsibility
A person who fixed wooden wheels back in the day...:D
A person who made wooden casks and barrels back in the day...:D
- The system of dividing classes in society, or the classes themselves
- Ex: Those people were considered to be of the lowest caste.
Belonging naturally; essential
- To persuade someone to do something using threats or force
- Ex: The slaver coerced the slaves to till the field by whipping them.
- 1. The outer edge or limits of an area or object
- 2. A marginal or secondary position in or part of an aspect of a group, subject, or sphere of activity
Slew (v) (n)
- (v)1. To turn or slide violently or uncontrollably in a particular direction
- (n)2. A violent or uncontrollable sliding movement
- 3. A large number or quantity of something
Of moderate quality; not very good
Cloying sentimentality or flattery
- (esp. of a person) Unfortunate
- Ex: The hapless people happened to be right next to the pool when the boy cannonballed in.
To gratify or indulge an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.