A client with Parkinsonian's disease is experiencing a parkinsonian crisis. The nurse would immediately place the client:
1. In a bed with padded side rails, with limb restraints nearby
2. In a room near the nursing station, which is near the code cart
3. In a high-Fowler's position, with a nasogastric tube at the bedside
4. In a quiet, dim room with respiratory and cardiac support available
4. Quiet dim room with respiratory and cardiac support available
Parkinsonian crisis can occur with emotional trauma or sudden withdrawal of medicaitons. The cleint exhibits severe tremors, ridgitdity, and bradykinesia. The client also displays anxiety, is diaphoretic, and has tachycardia and hyperpnea. The client should be placed in a quiet, dim room, and respiratory and cardiac support should be available.