Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- tags ""
- description ""
- fileName "Medical language"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- Which languages are medical words derived from?
- Latin, Greek, French and Dutch
What are the parts of a medical word?
Prefix, combining form and suffix.
What does CPR mean?
Computerized Patient Record.
What is pneumonitis?
Inflammation or infection of the lung.
What does Hipa stand for and do?
- 1996 all health care settings must provide patients with a statement verifying that their medical record information is secure and is released only to authorizes health care providers,insurance companies or health care monitoring organizations.
What are soap notes?
- Standard headings in admissions and discharge documents
- CC Chief Complaint
- ..... On set
- ..... Duration
- Objective..... Physical findings
- Accessment..... Potential of what caused it.
- Procedures..... Plan of care.
What is the foundation of a medical word?
What is -graphy?
Process of recording
What is -post?
Before or in front of
What is - poly?
Many or much
What is CC?
What is ROS?
Review of systems
What is -path?
Disease or suffering
What is peritonsillar?
Around the tonsil.
What are the parts of a combining form?
Root. Slash. Vowel. Hyphen.
What part gives a medical word its meaning?
What is the plural form of diverticulum?
- When a Latin singular noun ends in - um, form the plural by changing -um to -a.
What does pneumon/o mean?
What is the plural of apex?
- When a Latin singular ends in -ex, form the plural by changing -ex to - ices.
What does -um change to in plural form?
What is -iatry?
What is -itian?
A skilled profession.
What is -hyper?
What is -hypo?
What skills involve relaying the medical language?
- Thinking analyzing understanding
- Writing typing spelling
- Speaking and pronouncing
- Psych is the mind
- -iatry is medical treatment.
Infection and fluid in the lungs.
-graphy... Process of recording.
- Hemi- meaning one half.
- Paralysis of one side of the body.
- Neuro nerves
- -ology study of.
Around the heart
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview