Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Present simple and continuous, action and non-action verbs
like, want, be, agree,need, prefer, believe, belong, depend, forget, hate, hear, know, like, love, matter, mean, realize, recognize, seem, suppose.
Beans duck lettuce peaches prawns salmon sausages strawberries.
Home-made, spicy, raw, frozen, takeaway, low-fat, fresh, sweet.
Plate, fork, glass, salt and pepper, napkin, knife, spoon, starters, main courses, desserts, fried eggs, boiled rice, baked potatoes, grilled sausages, steamed vegetables, roast chicken, stew, steak, wholemeal.
Past simple: i use always when are sentences for finished with last ago... for finishes past actions.
Past continuous: was/were + vers+ -ing. Use the past continuous when you describes an action in progresss at a specific time in the past. (Say hour, date specific)
Past perfect: had + past participle . Se usa Past P cuando se habla del pasado y tu quieres hablar acerca de como paso anteriormente la acción.
Players, fans, referee, spectators, coach, team, captain, stadium, sport hall, beat, win,lose, draw.
Tennis cout, football pitch, swimming pool, athletics, track, formula 1 circuit, golf course, ski slope.
Warm up, train, get injured, get hit, score, go, play ,do.
- 1. be going to + infinitve.
- Plans or arragment
- 2. pesent continuous: be + verb + -omg
- futire and arragments.
- 3. will. Se usa cuándo se toma una decisión al instante.
- offers - Shall i turn off the A.C ?
4. Predictions - be going to + inf / will-won't + inf
Great grandparents, an only child single parents, cousisn, in laws, extender family, great grand parents, half- brothers, stepmother, couples.
Spoilt, competitive, selfish, aggressive, charming, sensible, sociable, manipulative, moody, independent, bossy, affectionate, reliable, snesitive, ambitious, jealous.
Clever, stupid, lazy, hard-working, generous, mean, quiet, talkative, insecure, self.confident, shy, extrovert.
Ambitious, friendly, honest, imaginative, kind, organized, patient, realiable, responsible, selfish, sensitive, sociable, tidy.
Present Perfect and Past Simple
Use the past simple when a specific time in the past is mentioned.
- A question beginning with When... will normally be in the past simple.
Use the present perfect for a past action where no specific time is mentioned or understood. e.g I've been to Paris twice.
Spend, loan, afford, mall, broke, credit card, earn, greely, blow, mortgage.
Inherited, save, borrowed, lent, waste, can't afford, charged, take out, cost, owe, invest, earn, be worth.
Note, coin, salary, tax, loan, morgage, cash machine.
Present perfect continuous.
- The most important difference between present perfect and present perfect continuous is that with How long...? and for/since we normally use the continuous form/with action verbs e.g learn, go, play, do, wait.
- And the simple form is used with non-action verbs. e.g be, have / (possess), know.
- Two common verbs which can be used in either tense are live and work.
Tiny, delicious, furious, terrified, exhausted, boiling, starving, enormous, freezing, filthy, great, awful, thirsty.
Comparative and Superlatives