Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What laws about tobacco in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin smoking ban, takes place in public areas
What is in tobacco?
- Carbon monoxide
- lots of other chemicals
What does nicotine do?
- Speeds up heartbeat
What is smokeless tobacco?
- Snuff-finely ground tobbaco
- seems safe but is same as cigarettes
What are ways to refuse tobacco?
- causes diseases
- smoking makes your hair and clothes smell bad
- tobacco use causes bad breath and dulls sense of smell and taste
- can stain teeth and fingers
- can become expensive
- no longer considered cool
- new laws ban smoking
- is addictive
How to say no?
- be prepared
- walk away
- stick with non-smoking friends
How does one break the habit?
- list reasons to quit and read list when one wants to smoke
- delay lighting up for few minutes
- set small goals
- get rid of all smoking reminders
- try to avoid smokers in the beginning
- change habits linked to smoking
- invent a reward
What is the non-smokers bill of rights?
- right to breathe clean air
- right to speak out
- right to act
What are benefits of not smoking?
- stay health(will not stay sick as long)
- clear healthy skin(less oxygen and nutrients leads to unhealthy skin
- freash breath
- clean fresh-smelling clothes and hair-smell better
- better sports performance-can breath better
- saving money
- keep enviroment healthy
What are the effects on the brain?
What are the effects on the mouth?
- bad teeth
- ruins taste buds
- cancer in mouth and throat
What are effects on heart?
higher chance of heart attacks
What are the effects on muscles?
less blood oxygen flows to muscles whcih causes them to hurt more when exercising
What does it do to respiratory system?
- damage alveoli which makes the lungs less able to supply oxygento your body
- -emphysema-a disease that results in the destruction of the alveoli in the lungs
What does it do to digestive system?
- can lead to mouth and stomach ulcers which are painful open soars
- harms teeth and gums-yellow color
- easier to get cavities and gum disease
What does it do to nervous system?
couts down amount of oxygen that the blood can carry to the brain
What does it do to circulatory system?
- don't get enough blood or oxygen
- causes heart attacks and strokes
What does it do to excreatory system?
- devolp bladder cancer
- chemicals get into blood
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview