US HISTORY TEST 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
New Englad Staple
Cod fish, Ship stores
sold for cash but not consumer by producer
Triangle Trade (Leg 3)
Trade Slaves for raw materials
Alexander Hamilton (Long term corruption)
- a. Convert Revolutionary war bonds to Us bond. Hamiltions froms got rich
- b. took over states debts in return for states giving up power to national govt.
- c. US bonds would finance a US mint to coin gold
- D. controversial banks created
Alexander Hamiltion (Finance)
- 1. pay nations huge debt
- 2. got states to give up power
- 3. create solid money system
- 4. build strong central bank with regulated money system and asst. U.S. commerce with other countries.
Bill of Rights (1st amendment) designed to
- a. protect our personal liberties
- b. protect the rights of the minority from "The tyranny of majority"
flexible additions and needed changes could be added later.
- the instruction manual for the parts
- emphasis on powers, advise, consent, checks and balances.
States the purpose and what is covered in it. Writtin in general terms to keep flexible.
Three Parts of US Constitution
Supreme document of laws, rules, and instructions under which the states and people of the matione will live under.
Why did the articles of confederation end?
- States constanly quarreled
- threatened to become their own nations
- stronger centeraled govt came into effect FEDERAL
How did the articles of confederation work?
- Individual state of power
- necessary powers were absent (no tax, no court, no postal, no pres.) private special interest controlled money
Ben franklin gaining the peace treaty
saidit was in britains best interest to give americans all land east of mississippi and north of florida
- 1. Americans weak and unthreatening
- 2. Americans might want to come back to the mother country after awhile
Ben franklin winning the revolution
- charmed french
- developed spy ring
- persuaded french to sign treaty with US
- Aided war effort with supplies, troops, and resulter in war between endland and france.
french had lost their north american colonies at end of french indian war. Colonies no longer had to fear them.
British colonial enefficiency
did not want to be squeezed by mecantilism like the spanish did to their own country
colonists had lived in american colonies and have become used to the laid back muddling though of it. Mother country because an abstract concept seperated by 3000 miles of ocean.
Three factors american independence prior to american revolution
- american maturity
- british colonial inefficiency
- international change
How did english win french/indian war?
Prime minister william pitt recognized that the colonies were worth fighting for.
French advantage of french/indian war
- unidied command structure
- indian allies acted as fighters/ spies
- addapted to moving through wilderness
- english generals more buldging
Britist advantages of the frech/indian war
- greater population
- best navy in the world
- more productive colonial land ($)
how english copied techniques
- ecomienda system
- triangle trade
a monopoly of trading slaves in a certain area
profit via monopoly exploit land, labor, and natural resources of colonies.
local latives round up and forced into slavery on large parcel owned but a european land
- way to cut labor
- do unpleasant and dangerous tasks
triangle trade (leg 2)
middle passage with terrible loose of tight pack
Trianle trade (Leg one)
europe to africa with finished trade goods to trade with coastal tribes for captives
Charleston SC area staple
- rum distilling
- slave trade
Middle colonies staple
- mixed farming
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview