Card Set Information
Federal Court system
Federal courts hear both civil and riminal cases.
* criminal case-court decides innocence or guilt of a person accused of breaking a law.
* civil case-court settles a disagreement.
Federal courts interpret the law.
* base decision on the constitution.
* decisions can establish broad precedents.
Federal courts hear two kind of cases
* cases involving federal laws and issues beyond the authority of individual states.
* cases appealed from state supreme courts.