The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
When must you apply for an AVO?
- Domestic violence offence
- Child abuse
S27 Dom act
- Police officer MUST apply if DV, S.I, Child abuse and proceedings have been commenced
- Police officer believes an order needs to be made immediately to ensure safety/protect/prevent property damage
- - Application must be made by cop, if not making application must make written record
S32 Dom act - What is the Duration of urgent avo?
- Duration of urgent avo
- - AVO remains in force until MIDNIGHT on the 28th day after order is made unless sooner revoked by court
S89 Dom act- detention of defendant for making and service of a provisional avo