Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Destric courts are the workhourses of the federal court system.
- At least one per state
- From 1 to 28 judges in each.
- Have original jurisdction.
- Similer to state trial.
Courts of appeals are the next highest level of the federal court system.
- Handle appeals from the federal district courts.
- Decision made by a planel of three judges.
- Either affirm the lower court's decision or reverse it.
The supreme court is the highest court in the federal court system.
- Serves as the final court of appeals for both the states and federal court system.
- Has orginal jurisdiction over a few special kind of cases.
Special federal courts were establishea by congress for a special purpose.
- Inclvdes court of claims court or system and tax court.
- Apeals from some of these courts sent directly to the supreme court.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview