O-chem glossary (4)
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
30 elements fundamental to human life
what are first row transition metals important for?
the action of many enzymes
the building blocks of all proteins
the carbon attached to the carboxyl group in amino acids
- also called R groups
- can be polar or non-polar
- represent the subsituent chain on amino acids
polar side chain
- contain nitrogen and oxygen atoms
non-polar side chain
- contain mostly carbon and hydrogen atoms
what happens to the form of amino acids at biological pH?
The proton of the -COOH group is transferred to the -NH2 group. e.g H3+NCH2COO- (glycine)
- the order of sequence of amino acids in a protein chain
- the terminal carboxyl group is on the right
- the terminal amino group is on the left
- names are represented in a 3-letter code
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview