Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Noun:A layer of dirt or froth on the surface of a liquid.
- Verb:(of a liquid) Become covered with a layer of dirt or froth: "the lagoon scummed over".
- Synonyms:noun. froth - foam - spume - latherverb. foam - froth - skim - spume
- Noun:A moist, soft, and slippery substance.
- Verb:Cover with slime: "the grass was slimed over with mud".
- Synonyms:mud - ooze - sludge - silt - mire - mucus
- Adjective:Soft and sticky.Mawkishly sentimental.
- Synonyms:sticky - gummy - gluey - viscous - tacky - adhesive
- Verb:Cut up or grind (food, esp. meat) into very small pieces, typically in a machine with revolving blades.
- Walk with an affected fastidiousness, typically with short quick steps.
- Adjective:Playful and full of energy: "he bounds about like a frisky pup".
- Synonyms:frolicsome - playful - sportive - kittenish - sprightly
- Noun:A narrow opening or fissure, esp. in a rock or wall.
- Synonyms:fissure - cleft - crack - chink - rift - split - cranny
- Adjective:Gnarled.Difficult, dangerous, or challenging.
- Synonyms:gnarled - snaggy - knotty - knaggy - knobby
- 1. Old-fashioned; worn-out.
- 2. Insignificant; unimportant.
- 3. Of cheap or poor quality; makeshift.
- Adverb:At some distance in the direction indicated; over there.
- Adjective:That or those (used to refer to something situated at a distance).
- Noun:The far distance.
- Synonyms:adverb. there - yon - over there - thitheradjective. yonnoun. yon
- Verb:Emit a series of regular muffled explosive sounds, as of an engine running slowly.Consume (a drink) in large gulps without pausing.
- Noun:A muffled explosive sound or a series of such sounds.
- Synonyms:verb. pant - puff noun. puff
- keyboard instrument resembling an organ but with the notes produced by
- steam whistles, used chiefly on showboats and in traveling fairs.
- Verb:Torment or tease (someone) with the sight or promise of something unobtainable.Excite the senses or desires of (someone).
- Synonyms:torment - torture - plague - agonize - tease
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview