Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does Target Value Analysis do?
TVA begins in IPB by a detailed analysis of enemy doctrine, tactics, equipment, organizations, and expected behavior. TVA provides a means of determining which targets should be attacked for the greatest tactical benefit in a given situation. These targets are identified as HVT.
What is the a node?
A tangible element of a system that can be targeted.
What is a link?
A behavior, physical or functional link between nodes.
What is a critical node?
An element whose destruction will effect a system immediately.
What is a key node?
A node that is critical to the functioning of a system.
What is a system?
A related group of interacting or interdependent elements that form a unified whole.
What is an High Value Individual (HVI)?
A person of interest who must be identified, surveilled, tracked or influenced through the use of information or fires.
What is a Time Sensitive Target (TST)?
- Those targets requiring immediate response because they pose (or will soon pose) a danger to friendly forces or are highly lucrative, fleeting targets of opportunity.
- Owned by the Joint Force Commander.
What is a Sensitive Target?
A target requiring special care or caution, such as leadership, WMDs, CDE risks and non-lethal targets.
What does Target Value Analysis provide for targeting?
- Identifies priorities for engagement.
- Permits contingency planning.
- Better friendly capabilities estimates.
- Identifies effects criteria.
- Builds the HPTL.
What documents come out of the targeting process?
- High Payoff Target List
- Target Selection Standards
- Attack Guidance Matrix
- Target Synch Matrix
What is CARVER?
What are the steps of TVA?
- Get commander's guidance.
- Get S2 input on HVT, create HPTL.
- Create PIRs from high worth targets, create the SR Plan and matrix
- Coordinate with S2 on NAIs, TAIs, Decision Points
- Complete Analysis, build HPTL
- Execute, Assess
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview