Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
most African trade was in gold, ivory, skins and good while Europeans were tradingwith tobacco, cloth, alcohol and guns and ammo
- when a stronger country takes over a weaker nation - the stronger country implements their government and culture
- - they take resources and control land
- - force the weaker nation to trade with the stronger nation
river blindness prevention and treatment?
- contracted by a black fly
- prevent by taking pills, but most cant afford it
- treatment is putting pesticides in water
- leader of the black conciousness movement
- believed violence was justified to bring about change
practiced nonviolent disobedience
organized several Pan-African congresses
fought a fierce war with the boers
what language did the zulus speak
- fought for independence for india from the british
- first to oppose afrikaners rule
- aka afrikaners
- what dutch settlers called themselves
where were the dutch from?
what did the boers believe?
the bible justified slaves and superiority of europeans over peoples of noneuropean decent
to govern yourself and make your own decision
basic technology for society to function effectively
- roads are in despair
- outdated technology
muslim based government targeted black christians
hutu targeted the tutsi
type of religion practiced by the dutch
mass killing of people for no reason
a system of racism implemented in south Africa by the Boers that segregated allaspects of south African life
farmers who use slash and burn to grow enough to live on but they have nothing extra
using the land to make weapons and fight
used to protect people from malaria
the soil in much of Africa is not very fertile because of it
who did the dutch east india company support?
to govern yourself and make your own decisions
a conference held to divide up Africa based on European needs, but there were notAfrican representatives at this meeting
pan african congress
- was ignored by european powers
- oranized by WEB Dubois
battle between the acholi (kony) in the north, versus the bantu in the south
apart of the genocide and stealing of children in uganda
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview