Econ Test 2 Part 5b
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Accomplishments of USSR
- persistant economic growth made USSR a super power
- transormed into an industrialized economy
- strong laber force (near 100% literacy, highly educated)
- higher standard of living
Why did growth slow down over time?
because almost all the growth was "extensive" growth, rather than "intensive"
produce more by mobilizing more and more resources
- produce more by increasing resource productivity
- get every worker to make more / hour
Conditions for tech advancement
- flexibility: can shift around resources between experiments
- adequate time: new scientific ideas don't occure on schedule
- researcher autonomy: freedom to try something new
- free exchange of info: build on eachother's ideas
Actual Soviet tech conditions
- inflexible plans
- focus on early achievements (deadlines were too strict)
- chaos and depression
- human suffering
- financial crisis
- democratic elections
- price stabilization
- SOE's were pricitized
- capitalist businesses started growing
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview