Econ Test 2 Part 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What were its results of the Berlin Wall being built?
- severly damaged international relations with Western countries
- divided families
- loss of freedom
- young East Germans started working harder to improve the standard of living in East Germany
- focus on materialism rather than political protest or escape
Why did East Germany have a higher standard of living than most Soviet bloc neighbors?
- Interzone Trading Agreement: gave special access for their exports to the European community
- importation of industrial equipment
- Leipzig Industrial Fair
- received more moeny from the west
What 3 stages did the town of Thurow go through?
- Stage 1: during socialism, the town ran a pig cooperative (smelly, rundown town that was suspicious of outsiders)
- Stage 2: after unification, things got worse. Most pigs and farmland had to be sold to pay the cooperative's debt. Few jobs available. Neo-Nazis moved in
- Stage 3: new prosperity came to town. With gov't help, an industrial park was built outside of the town. Free market competition improved customer service
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview