Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What was the importance of agriculture?
People didn't have to follow the food source and because of this there was more time for improvements or achievements.
What are the four characteristics when describing civilizations?
- The four characteristics are:
- 1. People live in an organized society
- 2. People are able to produce more food then needed
- 3. People live in a city or town with some form of government
- 4. They practice division of labor
Who controlled the government?
The king and the priest.
Who told people's religion?
What is trade?
When people traded they traveled to places where they could exchange what was wanted from them for what they wanted.
Why was the development of writing important?
- People were able to make calendars of when to plant
- People were ready to keep track of trades
- It stopped fights
Where were the first civilizations?
- Tigris and Euphrates River- Middle East
- The Nile River- Egypt
- The Indus River- India
- The valley of the Huang or the Yellow River- China
The period of time which hominids and nomads lived.
An early human-like creature.
Early humans who moved from place to place in search of food.
In the Ice Ages sea levels dropped leaving strips of dry land between continents.
Division of labor?
Each person performs a specific job.
Person who studies artifact.
Person who studies the written word.
An amount of something greater then needed.
- Southern part of Mexico
- Central America
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview