The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- opposed, exciting distate or aversion
- (대단히) 불쾌한
- display of narrow-minded and trivial scholarship
- 지나치게 규칙을 찾음
- [L. prodigus, wasteful]
- addicted to wasteful expenditure, as of money, time, or strength
- belittle; to lower in esteem
Speaking, writing, written in, or composed of several languages.
Sharing an edge or boundary; touching.
Something that completes, makes up a whole, or brings to perfection
Of or resembling an enigma; puzzling
- An environment or a setting.
- Originating, growing, or produced in a certain place or region
- 원산의, 토종의
- Of, similar to, or derived from a vitriol.
The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in other than chronological, proper, or historical order.
- Being truly so called; real or genuine
- (강조의 뜻으로 쓰여) 진정한
- The setting aside of self-interest for the sake of others or for a belief or principle.
- v: To overcome the distrust or animosity of; appease.
- 달래다, 회의하다
[L. extirpare, to root out] to remove, To destroy totally; kill off
- a. The act of banishing or excluding.
- b. Banishment or exclusion from a group; disgrace.
- A person who organizes, operates, and assumes the risk for a business venture.
Fearlessly, often recklessly daring; bold
occasional; occurring at irregular intervals
- A strong uneasiness caused by a sense of guilt
- [L. compungere, to sting]
- Deception used to achieve an end
- [ Latin subterfugere, to escape : subter, secretly, beneath]
- 1.a. Deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.
- b. An instance of deliberate deceptiveness; double-dealing.
- 2. The quality or state of being twofold or double.
a sudden and disastrous breakdown or collapse; ruin, rout
- Deep, extensive learning
- 학식, 박식
a yielding in opinion, judgment, wishes, a courteous regard or respect
- A pressing or urgent situation
- 위급 상황
- Deserving rebuke or censure
- (도덕적으로) 부끄러운, 비난받을 만한
- Characterized by or deserving shame or disgrace
To taunt, ridicule, or tease
Still in existence; not destroyed, lost, or extinct
- 1. Having calluses; toughened
- 2. Emotionally hardened; unfeeling
a system of moral principles or values
- Concerned with first principles and ultimate grounds;
- highly abstract or abstruse
- Skeptical; disbelieving
- [crēdulus, believing]
- [L. stultus, foolish+facere, to make] causing to appear foolish or ridiculous; redering absurdly or wholly ineffectual
- (사람을) 멍청하게 만드는
- Going beyond what is reasonable or customary, especially in cost or price
- [Latin orbita, path, track]
- 과도한, 지나친
- 1. Demanding great effort or labor; difficult
- [Latin arduus, high, steep]
- 몹시 힘든, 고된
- 1. Prevalent in or limited to a particular locality, region, or people
- 2. Native to or limited to a certain region
- 고유의, 풍토적인
something that is continuous
1. A line that forms the boundary of an area; a perimeter.