en101 barb. colloq
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
comprise, constitute, include
- compirse: to be made up of
- include: to contain
- constitute: to make up
- persuade: to influence to a decision
- convince: to compel assent or belief by argument
- writers imply
- listeners infer
- implication is a suggestion or hint
- inference is a conclusion
- continual (recurring at intervals)
- continuous (continuing without interruption)
- farther to express literal distance
- further to express figurative distance
do not use loosely for think
equally as ... as
- as ... as
- equally ... with
a redundant expression-> favorite
differ from, differ with
- not interchangeable.
- differ from: to be dissimilar to
- differ with: to disagree with
- fewer: countable number
- less: amount or value
- an illogical construction.
- instead, use very unusal, nearly unique, or almost unique
most perfect, very parallel
- disinterested: impartial
- uninterested: without care
do not use it as a synonym for suppose.
- practical: useful
- practically: in a way that is practical
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview